Amber Grant for Women Increased to $2,500!
We have some super exciting news to share. Besides our typical $500 monthly grants, WomensNet (WN) is going to give away a 2015 year-end $2,000 Amber Grant.
Effective immediately, WNN will still give our monthly “qualifying grant” of $500. Those 12 qualifying grant recipients will then become the 12 finalists for the $2,000 Amber Grant to be announced in January, 2016.
Here are the details on how the increased grant-giving works:
- WNN judges will select a qualifying grant recipient ($500) every month for the next 12 months.
- Each qualifying grant recipients will create an informal YouTube style video explaining why they deserve the $2,000 Amber Grant, to be posted on the WomensNet website.
- WomensNet website visitors will vote on who should receive the $2,000 Amber Grant. The voting will weigh in the WNN judges’ final decision. WNN judges want to determine how well recipients can market themselves through social media and brand awareness.
- WNN will also consider how recipients used their qualifying $500 grant in determining who receives the $2,000 Amber Grant.
- The $2,000 Amber Grant will be awarded in January 2016.
We really wanted to give back more to our grant recipients. A couple of our judge’s wanted to review all the monthly recipients and give away a larger Amber Grant at the end of the year. We thought it would be a great way to encourage these women entrepreneurs – knowing they could still find more money at the end of the year for their business.
To Your Success,