Six Steps to find a grant:1. Analyze Your Organization?s Needs & Determine:
- The problem or need you want to address
- The audience or target beneficiaries you will serve
- The amount & types of support you need
- The resources & commitment your group brings to the project
- Potential partners in the community
- Learn as much as possible about corporate, civic, and private foundations
- Are able or likely to fund projects in your geographic area
- Have a similar core mission or goals
- Have already supported similar ventures or projects
- By Geographic Location (city, state, region)
- By field of interest or program subject
- Do NOT fund in your state
- Do NOT fund your subject
- Do NOT fund the type of support you need (See Types of Funding Support)
- Fund your type of organization
- Fund your size project
- Contact funder directly for annual report and other publications
- Search newspapers and the Internet for former grant recipients and contact them for advice or tips, why they felt they were successful as opposed to other applicants
Looking for small business grants for women in Alabama is anything but easy.
A Google search will bring up a long list of sites. But most either look like scams or complicated government (Small Business Administration) sites.
We’re different. WomensNet.net can help you find REAL grants, loans, and other funding for your business venture. Yes, you’re still going to have to put in some hard work and time. But if you’re serious about getting your business to the next level, you’ll find our site a big help.
A simple place to start is with our Amber Grant for Women. Business women from Alabama (and all around America) are eligible to apply for this grant. Our judges award this grant every month – so today would be the perfect time to apply.
After you’ve applied for our grant, please take a bit of time to check out the resources below. There are folks in Alabama waiting to help women business owners just like you!
We have also done the research of finding the 21 top grants available for women today. To get a copy of our report sign up below.
"Yes! Send My FREE Grant Report Right Now!"
Resources for Women in Alabama
Alabama Capitol SCORE
600 South Court St
Montgomery, AL 36104
Ph: (334) 240-6868
1400 Commerce Blvd
Anniston, AL 36207
Ph: (256) 831-5315
Baldwin County SCORE
327 Fairhope Ave
Fairhope, AL 36532
Ph: (251) 928-6387
801 Tom Martin Dr SBA Office, Suite 201
Birmingham, AL 35211
Ph: (205) 290-7849
Alabama Women in Business
1919 Oxmoor Road, PMB 344
Birmingham, Alabama 35209
PHONE: (205) 278-9781
Women’s Business Center of North Alabama
225 Church Street NW
Huntsville, AL 35801
Central Alabama Women’s Business Center
2 North 20th St.
Birmingham AL 35203
PHONE: (205) 453-0249
Small Business Development Center of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Box 870396 (Room 201 Bidgood Hall)
PHONE: (205) 348-1582
(877) 825-7232 (toll free)
FAX: (205) 348-6974