Six Steps to find a grant:1. Analyze Your Organization?s Needs & Determine:
- The problem or need you want to address
- The audience or target beneficiaries you will serve
- The amount & types of support you need
- The resources & commitment your group brings to the project
- Potential partners in the community
- Learn as much as possible about corporate, civic, and private foundations
- Are able or likely to fund projects in your geographic area
- Have a similar core mission or goals
- Have already supported similar ventures or projects
- By Geographic Location (city, state, region)
- By field of interest or program subject
- Do NOT fund in your state
- Do NOT fund your subject
- Do NOT fund the type of support you need (See Types of Funding Support)
- Fund your type of organization
- Fund your size project
- Contact funder directly for annual report and other publications
- Search newspapers and the Internet for former grant recipients and contact them for advice or tips, why they felt they were successful as opposed to other applicants
Helpful links for women in West Virginia:
Looking for small business grants for women in West Virginia is anything but easy.
A Google search will bring up a long list of sites. But most either look like scams or complicated government (Small Business Administration) sites.
We’re different. WomensNet.net can help you find REAL grants, loans, and other funding for your business venture. Yes, you’re still going to have to put in some hard work and time. But if you’re serious about getting your business to the next level, you’ll find our site a big help.
A simple place to start is with our Amber Grant for Women. Business women from West Virginia (and all around America) are eligible to apply for this grant. Our judges award this grant every month – so today would be the perfect time to apply.
After you’ve applied for our grant, please take a bit of time to check out the resources below. There are folks in West Virginia waiting to help women business owners just like you!
We have also done the research of finding the 21 top grants available for women today. To get a copy of our report sign up below.
Resources for Women in West Virginia
1116 Smith Street
Charleston, WV 25301
Ph: (304) 347-5463
1650 8th Avenue Unlimited Futures, Inc.
Huntington, WV 25703
Ph: (304) 697-3007
Upper Mon Valley SCORE
230 W. Pike Street
Clarksburg, WV 26330
Ph: (304) 624-3554
West Virginia Women’s Business and Training Center
602 New River Town Center
Beckley, WV 25801
Alt Phone: 304-253-3145
Small Business Development Center
West Virginia Department of Commerce
Capitol Complex, Bldg. 6, Room 525
Charleston, WV 25305-0311
Phone: 800-982-3386 or (304) 558-2234
Fax: (304) 558-1189