Six Steps to find a grant:1. Analyze Your Organization?s Needs & Determine:
- The problem or need you want to address
- The audience or target beneficiaries you will serve
- The amount & types of support you need
- The resources & commitment your group brings to the project
- Potential partners in the community
- Learn as much as possible about corporate, civic, and private foundations
- Are able or likely to fund projects in your geographic area
- Have a similar core mission or goals
- Have already supported similar ventures or projects
- By Geographic Location (city, state, region)
- By field of interest or program subject
- Do NOT fund in your state
- Do NOT fund your subject
- Do NOT fund the type of support you need (See Types of Funding Support)
- Fund your type of organization
- Fund your size project
- Contact funder directly for annual report and other publications
- Search newspapers and the Internet for former grant recipients and contact them for advice or tips, why they felt they were successful as opposed to other applicants
Helpful links for women in Tennessee:
Small business grants for women in Tennessee aren’t impossible to find!… but they aren’t easy to find either!
Let’s face it, banks and investors aren’t lining up to give women free money to start businesses.
But now for the good news. You’ve hit on a site that’s helped women find funding for their business dreams since 1998. Sure, it’s still going to take time and effort on your part. But if you’re a motivated woman business owner, we’re positive we can help.
For starters, yes, WomensNet.net offers grants to women businesses in Tennessee (as well as all across the United States). We award it every month, and it’s called the Amber Grant for Women. It’s simple to apply, and we hope you’ll take a few minutes to do so now.
It’s also worth your while to check out the resources below. Tennesseans across the state are pitching in to help small business women owners like you!
We have also done the research of finding the 21 top grants available for women today. To get a copy of our report sign up below.
Resources for Women in Tennessee
5726 Marlin Road Franklin Building, Suite 515
Chattanooga, TN 37411
Ph: (423) 553-1722
Greater Knoxville SCORE
412 North Cedar Bluff Road Suite 450
Knoxville, TN 37923
Ph: (865) 692-0716
2 International Plaza
Nashville, TN 37217
Ph: (615) 736-7621
5100 Poplar Avenue Suite 1701
Memphis, TN 38137
Ph: (901) 544-3588
Small Business Development Center
3050 Medical Center Parkway
Murfreesboro, TN 37129